Intellectual Property has come to play a pivotal role in business, particularly as use of the Internet has expanded the reach of commerce. Whether it be a company trademark, implementation of a new software platform, creation of a new website or acquisition of a proprietary technology, most businesses encounter intellectual property issues on a regular basis.
The Firm’s Intellectual Property group anticipates and creates solutions for the intellectual property issues encountered by its clients. The attorneys in this group work diligently to develop intellectual property strategies that match the business realities and demands unique to each client.
The Firm has extensive experience in Intellectual Property law and handles matters in a broad range of areas including the following:
- Licensing Agreements including Software and Other Technologies
- Technology Development Agreements
- Website Design Agreements
- E-commerce Agreements including web hosting and development agreements
- Acquisition or Sale of Intellectual Property as part of a Merger, Asset Sale or Other Business Transaction
- Manufacturing Agreements
- Distribution Agreements
- IP Financing Agreements
- Trademark and Copyright Protection
- searching and counseling
- registrability opinions
- portfolio management
- University Technology Licensing Agreements