Lawyer to Lawyer Networking Event: THURSDAY, JUNE 22ND
Please join us for Cocktails, Hors d’oeuvres and Complimentary CLE
What Non-Employment Lawyers Need To Know About Employment Law
Michael J. Torchia, Esquire
Providing advice to employers and employees regarding employment and human resources topics can be a minefield of ever-changing regulations, conflicting statutes, counterintuitive rules and hypertechnical requirements. In this one hour CLE, we will present employment law concepts helpful to attorneys who do not regularly practice in that area, including:
- Applicable statute of limitations for employment claims
- The difference between a “right to work” state and “at will employment”
- When employers are individually liable for violations
- When employers should insist on employment contracts
- What employees should do if they believe they will be fired
- Common actions by employers that are actually illegal
Approved for 1 substantive CLE credit.
3:30-4:00pm: Welcome and Registration
4:00-5:00pm: CLE Presentation
5:00-7:00pm: Cocktail Reception
Semanoff Ormsby Greenberg & Torchia, LLC
2617 Huntingdon Pike
Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006
If you are unable to attend the CLE presentation, we welcome you at the cocktail reception!
This event is complimentary, but advance registration is required.
Please RSVP by June 16th: Michelle Horan:
email@example.com or (215) 887-0200