For over 30 years Chuck has concentrated his practice in corporate law, business transactions, mergers and acquisitions, commercial finance, business disputes, and commercial real estate. Chuck’s success is due in large part to the care he demonstrates for each of his clients and the attention to detail he shows in his work. It is those characteristics that have led many of his clients to look to him as much for his business judgment as for his legal analysis. As Chairman of the firm’s corporate department he serves as counsel to a variety of entities and businesses ranging from regional institutions to non-profit corporations and from sole proprietorships to multi-national corporations.
He is a Magna Cum Laude graduate of Franklin and Marshall College where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa and was the valedictorian of his graduating class. He was an editor of the Journal of International Law and Economics at The National Law Center of the George Washington University where he was elected to the Order of the Coif.
He continues annually to be rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale Hubbell®. This is the highest peer review rating issued by Martindale Hubbell® for both legal ability and the highest ethical standard. He has been named a Philadelphia Top Rated Lawyer® as published in the Wall Street Journal and the Legal Intelligencer.
Outside of the firm, Chuck serves on numerous non-profit boards and is also a co-founder of Building A Bridge to Uganda, a 501(c)(3) organization serving the spiritual and educational needs of children in Uganda, East Africa. Through this organization, he has helped build a top flight secondary boarding school with over 500 students, living in extreme poverty in the jungle of Uganda.
Chuck serves as counsel to many companies in a wide variety of industries. Representative matters include:
- Representation of a family in the sale of their stock in a national distribution company
for over $60 million
- Counsel to a pension and consulting company that sold for $10 million
- Counsel to the sellers of stock in an engineering company for over $20 million
- Counsel to a manufacturing company which sold for over $200 million
- Counsel to buyers in acquisition of an engineering company for over $6 million
- Counsel to buyers in acquisition of an Italian engineering company for $2 million
- Representation of sellers of controlling interest of stock in a contested shareholder dispute for approximately $4 million
- Representation of the shareholders in the sale of stock of a consulting services business
in excess of $150 million
- Counsel to the sellers of a regional service provider for $10 million
- Counsel to the sellers of a national distribution company for over $60 million
- Counsel to the sellers of a vehicle renovation business for $4 million
- Successfully negotiated numerous financings from $1 million to over $100 million
- Spearheaded the acquisition of numerous service companies in the tri-state area ranging in value from $1million to $10 million
- Represented doctors and their practices in several acquisitions and sales of dental and
Articles by Charles W. Ormsby, Jr. Esq.
WHEN THE BANK CALLS ITS LOAN: HOW TO NEGOTIATE WITH YOUR BANK WHEN THEY DON’T WANT YOU ANYMORE
SMART BUSINESS MAGAZINE, JANUARY 2014
CONSULT EARLY OR SUFFER LATER: HOW INVOLVING A BUSINESS ATTORNEY SOONER RATHER THAN LATER CAN VASTLY IMPROVE YOUR DEAL
SMART BUSINESS MAGAZINE, APRIL 2012
THE VALUE OF EXITING THE IT BUSINESS COMPLETELY
CHARLES W. ORMSBY, JR., ESQ.
EMPLOYMENT LAW AUDIT FOR YOUR MEDICAL PRACTICE
MICHAEL J. TORCHIA, ESQ. and CHARLES W. ORMSBY, JR., ESQ.